East Bergholt Village
East Bergholt - Home of
VILLAGE MATTERS (News & What's on)
The Kings Head Pub, East Bergholt
- The Parish Council as at 13.1.2017 await a response to the Community Asset application sent to Babergh. Meanwhile, it is understood that a planning application for change of use to a shop/café is to be submitted and when received and recorded by Babergh it will issued for consultation in the same way as other planning applications.
Police Crime Commissioner calls for 'Fair Share for Suffolk'
To support Tim Passmore's call for a fairer share of police funding for Suffolk please go to
to read his assessment and then e-mail
by Friday 20th January 2017.
Large scale planning development application current consultations
1) B/15/00673 Moores Lane, 144 dwellings planning application to be re-considered by Babergh District Council - 21 day consultation commenced 17.11.2016
2) B/16/01092 Land adjacent to Constable Country Medical Centre, 75 dwellings outline planning application - 21 day consultation commenced 14.11.2016
Heartwatch (East Bergholt Community First Responders) & Royal British Legion
FREE DEMENTIA FRIENDS INFORMATION TALK & COFFEE MORNING, Saturday 4 February 2017, 10-12AM, The Lambe School, Gaston Street, CO7 6SD. Come and learn more about Dementia, what it's like to live with Dementia, partake in coffee and cake, and find out about community first responding. Any questions – Val Ayton 01206 298692
RECYCLING CENTRE EAST BERGHOLT
- A recycling centre for East Bergholt has opened in the Coach Park, East Bergholt High School, Heath Road. For your own convenience please avoid school day start and end times. The Coach Park is only open when the school is open or an outdoor event is using the coach park.
UK Power Networks - If you have a power cut, call 105
– a new, free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales. Find out more at
BICYCLE RACKS AT VILLAGE SHOP
Thanks to co-operation between the Parish Council and East England Co-operative Society bicycle racks have been installed outside the village shop. Now get on your bikes to pop to the shop and leave the car at home.
Broadband Update - Fibre is here
we have Fibre to the Cabinet and the promise of a higher speed broadband. Unfortunately there are parts of the village that will be unable to access this service. Visit
to check your postcode. If you want to upgrade, contact your internet provider.
Make regular visits to this website for Parish Council, East Bergholt Neighbourhood Plan and village photographs and news.
For further information on any of the above contact
Valerie Ayton Parish Clerk
Your Elected Representatives
List of Councillors
Please wait .....
Copyright© 2017 East Bergholt Village. All rights reserved